CNC Conversion Kit for Myford Super 7 Lathes (Excluding power cross feed models)
Castings will require painting.**
A full conversion kit includes:
1. All the castings (except optional speed sensor housing), covers and fittings
2. X axis Stepper Motor with lead
3. Z axis Stepper Motor with lead
4. Cast iron tool post mount to replace Top-Slide assembly
5. X axis Ball Screw and anti-backlash Nut including nut displacer
6. Z axis Ball Screw and anti-backlash Nut
7. Angular contact bearings for both Ball-screws
8. Motor connection wiring diagram
9. X axis bearing mounting plate
10. Z Axis plastic hand-wheel (graduated)
11. X Axis plastic hand-wheel
12. X axis graduated aluminium dial
13. X axis Optical Homing switch assembly with 2metre shielded cable
14. Z axis Optical Homing switch assembly with 2metre shielded cable
15. X and Z Optical sensor Vane
16. PWM Filter printed circuit board for inverter speed control (NOTE: This cannot be supplied at the moment but a schematic diagram could be supplied).
17. Quadrature Spindle Encoder sensors, mountings, lead and connection diagram
18. Encoder aperture and Spindle bush
19. Jig for drilling two small holes in the back end of the cross-slide (not displayed in above picture).
20. Jig for drilling two small holes in the back end of the Saddle (not displayed in above picture).
21. Extended Cross-slide Tee nut (not displayed in above picture).
22. All screws, nuts and washers
23. X axis Timing belt and pulleys
24. Z axis Timing belt and pulleys
25. Z axis belt guide assembly
26. Z axis Lead-screw covers
27. Cross-slide end plate cover
28.Mach 3 Turn and Linuxcnc configuration files
29. Parallel port lead (not normal printer cable) (not displayed in above picture).
Any items not displayed in the above picture can be seen in the component lists.
The full conversion kit excludes these items:
- Lathe (advice can be given regarding suppliers)
- Computer system (only need a basic computer with a printer port)
- X Axis and Z Axis Stepper Motor Controllers
- Keyboard / Monitor Console (as maybe seen in youtube video)
- CAD/CAM Software (like Mach 3 or CamBam. See link page for link to websites)
- Variable Speed controller (Inverter) and 3 Phase Spindle Motor (Only needed if you wish to control the spindle speed automatically. Screw-cutting is still possible using the standard single phase motor and pulley arrangement).
- Emergency Stop Switch
- Lathe bed raising blocks (these are needed to allow clearance between the Z axis belt housing casting and the drip tray.
- Painting of the castings. **
**Ask about painting
Any component can be purchased individually in order to allow you a cost effective way of starting to build your own CNC lathe at a pace that suits your budget. See components list.
Price £2991.33 ex vat
You must be logged in to post a comment.